Highlighted
beezybeezyb
1 Copper

blue screen error....pc wont boot up

i have a dell m1530 and my computer won't start up....i get a blue screen that says "a probloems has been detected and windows has been shut down to preven damage to yor computer. a process or thread crucial to system operation had unexpectedly exited or been terminated. if this is the first time youve seen this Stop error screenm restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps: check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updated you might need. If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and thn select safe mode. Technical information: *** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x84F523C8, 0X84F52514, 0X8128E330) pls help!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: blue screen error....pc wont boot up

Press F12 at powerup.  Boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.

0 Kudos
beezybeezyb
1 Copper

i did and one of the test kept failing but give me a few mins and i'll run it again and let u knw which test kept failing

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Most likely it's the drive self-test -- meaning the hard drive is toast and will need to be replaced.

0 Kudos
beezybeezyb
1 Copper

hard drive 1-self test log had an error...MSG: Error code 2000-0146...Error code 0146

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yes, that's the drive, which is the cause.  You'll need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive to replace the faulty one.

0 Kudos
beezybeezyb
1 Copper

is that expensive?? bc i dnt knw anythg about computers

0 Kudos