Highlighted
jdamero3
1 Copper

bluetooth speaker

I am trying to use a Bluetooth speaker with my Latitude E5450, running Windows 7. (The speaker connects and plays with my android phone just fine) I have turned on my bluetooth to the computer, I scan for a device. The speaker tower shows up as a headset on the Computer, i add the device. But the device has no information on my computer. under services for bluetooth, it is just blank. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling several times, no change.  

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: bluetooth speaker

JDAMERO3,

When pairing hold the Bluetooth speaker pairing button down for at 3-5 seconds so it is seen.

To control how your computer pairs with Bluetooth enabled devices
You can set several options for how your computer finds (or is found by) Bluetooth enabled devices.
1. Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.
3. In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following.

To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.
When a Bluetooth enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode. If you check this box, your computer will still be able to detect Bluetooth enabled devices that are in discovery mode, but they will not be able to detect your computer.
• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.
For further information, visit the below mentioned link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-settings-for-a-Bluetooth-enabled-device
You may also refer the below mentioned link.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-a-Bluetooth-enabled-device-to-your-computer
You can also troubleshoot a device and check if it helps
Right-click a device or computer with the yellow warning icon , click Troubleshoot, wait while the troubleshooter tries to detect problems (this may take several minutes), and then follow the instructions.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos