Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

81 Posts

May 18th, 2007 19:00

bluetooth wireless mouse

Just bought a great laptop from the Dell Outlet.  I bought a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse V270 seperately.  But I can't get it to work.  Any advise

Inspiron E1505
Core2Duo T7200
Windows VISTA Home Premium
2gb DDR2 SDRAM 66
100gb 7200 SATA HD
256 mb Nvidia 7300LE
Network Bluetooth 355

Thanks

81 Posts

May 19th, 2007 19:00

Well...anyone?:smileysad:

279 Posts

May 20th, 2007 00:00

Do you have integrated bluetooth in the laptop, or are you using a USB Bluetooth adapter?

81 Posts

May 20th, 2007 01:00

It came with Network Bluetooth 355.

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2008 04:00

I have bought a Logitech BT Mouse V270, too. It asks for a PIN when registerering in the Bluetooth of my Latitude D531. But this is not possible. Logitech says that its mouse works properly only with a Widcomm or Microsoft BT Stack. It should contact DELL.

February 15th, 2008 14:00

You must have gotten far enough with technical support to discover you have Dells Toshiba Bluetooth Stack installed on your Latitude. When attempting to pair a bluetooth mouse from Dell, Logitech or anyone the software will ask you to "Enter the PIN Number for the device, if you do not know your PIN number consult your documentation." The problem is with the over-secure Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, most mice dont require a PIN number and most manufacturers dont include the PIN in the documents.

1) For older devices, the PIN is sometimes 00000

2) Otherwise, right click your bluetooth icon and selection "Bluetooth Settings"

3) Goto the security tab, is your security set to "standard level" or "default level"

4) Press the "custom" button at the bottom of the window, scroll down the list until you find "HID Mouse" and clear out the checkboxes requiring security/encrytion/authentication for mice.

5) Apply, shut everything off, & reboot

6) Try to pair your mouse again, it will most likely work, and it will not ask you for a PIN anymore.

Hope it helps, Good Luck

1 Message

April 26th, 2008 02:00

Thank you so much.  I spent 30 mins. with a tech that doesn't really know what he is doing and was getting his direction from a manual.  I knew that the problem was that the driver is setting a default key and that there wasn't a way to enter any key from a mouse.  My MS Intellimouse and Elite Keyboard for Bluetooth is now working great with Dell's DW360 Bluetooth module in my Precision M4300.  The driver for DW360 has a lot of options that can prevent unfamiliar user from setting up correctly.

1 Message

July 16th, 2008 17:00

This worked! I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000, and I've been trying to connect it to the 360 module and the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. It kept asking for a PIN, but the mouse has none. By toning down the security settings, I could connect the mouse. Unfortunately, the intellipoint software does not work so well without the USB dongle. The powerpoint buttons still work on the bottom, but I can't program the left and right side buttons.

September 8th, 2017 07:00

I had my Dell BT mouse working last eve, this morn it did not recognize, so i disconnected in bluetooth settings and re-discovered it. Now it wants a pin ...... so I used 0000 and it accepted it, and works again !

No Events found!