Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2016 08:00

brand new dell inspiron 13 7000 series

Can someone help me please.... I got a newly bought dell inspiron 13....it wont boot to windows now...it just stucks with the dell logo and after a few minutes a blue on screen will appear and turn off.   I notice also that it heats up...the back side of the laptop is getting hot

2K Posts

December 3rd, 2016 13:00

Hi FOXNIGHT,

Rather unfortunate you had to face issues on a new machine. 

What is the exact blue screen error message / code? Does the system restart after the bluescreen crash or does it power off? Are you able to boot to f2 or f12 on startup?

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

2 Posts

December 7th, 2016 21:00

Hello Mr. Rishi... I sent you a private message already regarding the results of the my laptop diagnostics test.... I believe it is a hard drive error....Is my new laptop hard drive defective?  if so, does a defective hard drive cause a over heat at the back of the laptop? or some other problem is causing this... Please reply asap and I am very frustrated over this issues since this is a new unit and I just used it for a few days...

2K Posts

December 8th, 2016 10:00

Hi FOXNIGHT,

I have responded to your private message.

Kindly review the same.

No Events found!