Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2015 12:00

brand new dell inspiron 3543 freezes

Hello, I bought a dell inspiron 15 3000 series on 10/5/15 with the following specs:
  1. 1tb hard disk
  2. 8gb ram
  3. i7 5500
  4. NVidia geforce 840M
I bought the laptop online from Media Markt in Athens of Greece but I switched it on in Cyprus.
The laptop freezes 2-3 times per day for reason I cannot define. I took it in your representative in Limassol of Cyprus and found no problem. If a usb is plugged for much time, it crashes (not shutting down totally, instead the screen is black, fan is operating so i must hold the power button to shut down). i installed and updated all drivers from dell's site but the problem continues. The operating system is windows 8.1. Please reply.  

June 27th, 2015 19:00

Hi stelios.2,

Please run diagnostics http://dell.to/1IkH1HP ;and reply with your findings. Let us know how it goes. 

8 Posts

June 28th, 2015 12:00

Not goes at all. I tried 4 times. Every time I got blue screen during diagnostics. It says:

DRIVER IQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

or 

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 28th, 2015 12:00

Power on and immediately begin pressing F12.  Boot into the Dell diagnostics and run an extended test on the hard drive, which will almost certainly result in a failure error (numerically beginning with 2000-).  That means your hard drive is failing, which is almost always the cause of the error you're seeing.
Record the error and contact the place of purchase to have the drive replaced under warranty.

8 Posts

June 29th, 2015 11:00

I did that 3 times. It shows that it is working on a test on hard drive. Says:

''Waiting DST completion''

but i see no progress(stuck on 80%) instead the fact i was waiting for more than half hour each time. Also, it didn't freeze because i could see a flashing sign.

8 Posts

June 29th, 2015 21:00

After 5 hours, the pre boot diagnostics are finished with no error found. Every check passed.

What is the problem?

8 Posts

July 1st, 2015 11:00

GIVE ME AN ANSWER PLEASE

July 5th, 2015 07:00

Hi stelios.2,

Sorry for the delayed response. Since I was out of office I was unable to respond to your post. Please try the steps mentioned in this link http://dell.to/1fdHqkd and let us know if it helps. 

8 Posts

July 9th, 2015 12:00

I tried everything. Only when i am in safe mode i have no crashes. After the clean boot, it let me run diagnostics and it found bluescreen error but it cannot be fixed with troubleshooter. Please reply.

8 Posts

July 17th, 2015 11:00

If you need one week to give me a reply, we will not make any progress.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2016 16:00

I have the same laptop with problems freezing.  No rhyme or reason. It could lock up after using it for 3 minutes OR 1 hour.  The ONLY thing that helped me was to buy a NEW USB network adapter.  Today is April 22, 2016 and I bought this last year in August 2015.  Evidently the built in adapter that comes with it has poor drivers.  I updated it when I got it...but no help. ......Recently, my small USB network adapter physically fell apart, so I had to order a new one.  .....In the mean time, waiting for the new one to arrive, I experienced the EXACT same lockups that I had when I first bought it.  -----it took me a while to figure out what caused the lockups, but glad I did. I upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  The laptop works great.  My newer USB network adapter was plug n play  no problem. It was a Panda Wireless USB that I ordered from Amazon.    ------I hope this helps anyone that is frustrated with the Dell Inspiron 3000 Series. Mine was a 3543..... A GREAT LAPTOP IF YOU GET THE LOCK UPS FIXED LIKE I DID !....

No Events found!