quanact
1 Copper

check service tag dell

i just buy a laptop dell 5520 with service tag : <Admin Note:service ag removed per privacy policy~RK>

when i check service tag at http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/au/en/audhs1/index

it show :"There is no configuration information associated with this system"

Is it Refurbished

11 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Re: check service tag dell

I tried it here and it worked.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

Then tried your link and it showed the laptop. Are you registered and logged in?

I don't think it is refurbished because it has a year left on warranty.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Hi quanact,

I will check the system details and help you with the system configuration, I request you to private message system service tag number, Owners name and contact number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Dell have been having issues with original system configuration for the last past year. I have complained to them about it as several systems it gives the same results as yours that used to work fine. They are apparently re-entering alot of the information in manually and so it may take some time till its working with all systems as it once did.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

But it worked okay when I tried it.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Yes it works for some tags and not others.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Philip, his tag worked. He originally posted on the Laptop Audio board where I saw and used the tag before it was removed.

0 Kudos
quanact
1 Copper

Hi Jimco! my service tag not show original configuration.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

That is what I see too under the System Configuration tab. Are you just worried that the laptop might have been refurbished?

Sorry Philip, obviously I misunderstood the problem. Question: If the Product Support page is showing a year left on the warranty, wouldn't that mean the laptop is not a refurb, or could the previous owner have gotten an extended warranty on a refurb?

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Where did you buy the laptop from? Direct from Dell or Dell Outlet or a third party seller?

Dell Outlet Computers are refurbished sometimes and have the full warranties. Third party sellers sometimes have refurbished units with warranties also, not sure how it works. However if it is bought direct from Dell (not Dell Outlet) it is likely to be new.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos