Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 26th, 2008 02:00

computrace problem (dell PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!)

i am the original owner of my inspiron 1521, and can verify that.  i enabled computrace in the bios and ever since then it takes forever for my wireless to connect.  i am so frustrated that i can not disable it.  it makes me hate my dell laptop to the point that i dont want to even use it anymore.  since i can verify i am the owner can someone at dell PLEASE tell me how to disable it.  i don't want to hate dell because it has always been a great product for me.

5.2K Posts

October 26th, 2008 03:00

Why do you want to hate Dell? They didn't enable the program, you did.

Computrace is designed to not allow easy removal for the obvious reasons. Even if parts are removed, the program is self-healing, and will resist most attempts. You need to contact the Computrace to see if they will help you. Also do a web search. You may find some info on removal.

If you look in the BIOS, you will see that once enabled, it can not be disabled in the BIOS.

Message Edited by KirkD on 10-27-2008 02:09 PM

2 Posts

September 1st, 2014 03:00

I am having dell inspirion 5521 . Its computrace is deactivated Please tell me how to activate it

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 1st, 2014 04:00

First thing you'll need to do is purchase a subscription to it.

http://lojack.absolute.com/en/store

20 Posts

May 9th, 2016 01:00

I couldn't deactivate conputrace. where is the Deactivate Computrace ? Beside ı am new Dell 7559 user. 

No Events found!