Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2015 03:00

dell Inspiron 5521 beeps

hello..

I'm sorry if my post is at the wrong place.

my laptop is inspiron 5521 bought it back in 2013.

core I5 

6gb ram

amd radeon graphics cards

windows 10

my issue is 1 beep when i turn on the laptop.

its been like this from day one, it wasn't really an issue at the beginning, what I used to do is press the power button till the laptop shut down (to cut the beeps) then turn it back on and that's it the laptop starts with no beeps.

but now its driving me crazy, if I turn off my laptop or restart it, and tried to turn it on again the beeps starts, what works for me is to keep pushing the power button on and off for about 40 minutes and some times more than 2 hours till the screen turn on and I can use the laptop.

I get 1 beep and after searching I found what it means. "One - Possible system board failure or BIOS ROM checksum failure"

and it didn't make any sense because after the long session of turning on and off the laptop and finally come to life everything works just fine.

I tried bios diagnostics and no issue where found.

I tried to update the bios version but I failed

I don't know what else to do.

English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part

thank you 

2 Posts

December 19th, 2015 14:00

Someone help please

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 20th, 2015 04:00

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules (under the base cover).

Power up again - if that doesn't solve the problem, the mainboard needs to be replaced.  

No Events found!