Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2017 07:00

dell charging issue/charger not detected

hello...i bought dell inspiron 15 7560 on oct 16 2017...the issue is that whenevr i plug in the charger a dialog box pops up which say "The AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or greater for the best system performance.".and the charging staus shows "plugged in ,not charging".this problem existed from the first day.although my laptop gets charged when i twist the charger pin multiple times ,this really annoys me that it take 5 minutes to properly connect n get it to charging status.i checked bios ,i updated it,also my battery is on adaptive mode and the battery health is excellent.but in bios the battery is mentioned to be unknown and it shows 65w adapter after i twist twirl the charging pin multiple times.i use the dell charger given with the box.is it any major issue? if not how can i solve this? i took it to dell store the very second day i boughts but when they connected the it charged but back home itz the same issue,plz help.this is really annoying and i least expected this from such an expensive laptop!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2017 08:00

Contact Dell for a warranty repair  of the system, or a system replacement if you're within the 30 day return period.

53 Posts

November 13th, 2017 17:00

Try a different wall outlet at home, it's possible there could be poor grounding.

2 Posts

December 7th, 2017 07:00

the thing is the charger charges if i wiggle the pin into laptop multiple times..takes 2 minutes to get it charging...what can the problem be..hardware or software?

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

December 7th, 2017 08:00

What makes you think it is a software problem????  LOL.

You are now stuck with a malfunctioning laptop because it is past 30 days.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 7th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!