Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 14th, 2017 09:00

dell i7559 4k touch gets disabled after closing, waiting for sometime and opening the lid.

i've searched and tried different solutions given in microsoft site but all of them went in vain. please do find me a solution to fix this issue. Is Dell even aware of the issue? to get the touchscreen working, i have to restart.. my system runs windows 10 home 64bit.

March 21st, 2017 17:00

Hurray!!!! I solved the issue. It's actually the nvidia geforce experience software that's messing up. Just uninstall it and you'll be happily ever after except for the driver updates you'll have to download manually.

Sorry Dell, Nvidia screwed up here ;)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 14th, 2017 15:00

We might clarify what is happening.  It starts with the touchscreen working.  You close the lid, put it to sleep, and when opening to wake it up the touchscreen will no longer function?

If you put it to sleep with the lid open is it also required to restart to regain function.

March 14th, 2017 23:00

It starts by working always... I.ve chosen the option as do nothing when lid is closed. so the screen just turns off.  If i close and open it immediately, there is no issue. If it remains closed more than 5 mins or so, the touchscreen stops to function and the only way i know to get it to start working is by restarting.

i have an inspiron 15 7000 series 7559 4k touch model.

link to my device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.dell.com/.../pd

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 15th, 2017 09:00

I just closed the lid on my 17" and the music kept playing and after 15 minutes the display came on immediately and the touchscreen works.  However, I do not have a 4K system.

Does your 5 minute time span relate to any other power settings you have while plugged or unplugged?  Your Display off or Sleep or Hibernation times are not involved?

Does the same situation occur if you allow the display to turn off, with the lid open, using the times for that option?

My XPS 13, which has a QHD+ display, will not turn the Display back on if touched.  So the touchscreen is disabled with the Display off, for some unknown reason.

March 15th, 2017 10:00

i kept the system idle for around 30 mins without closing the lid. the screen was out and i was able to switch on the screen just by tapping on the screen. the touch was functioning.

No, it does not relate to any other power settings. i've chosen  never go to sleep while plugged as well as unplugged and 5 mins for screen to turn off for both power sources.

No Events found!