Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 27th, 2017 14:00

dell inspirion 1525. help please.

Hi all.   .how you doing?

i have the dell inspirion 1525.  

recently i have changed the ram . the three blue lights by the power button give me the code for the ram problem. 

so i got a 2nd hand ram x2 & changed them, then the system came on & worked good.

before this...

every now n then the laptop would freeze or crash.

so, i got a 2nd hand hard drive (from a place i would say is a decent place, i got hard drive for my ps3 & got my sisters hp laptop ,its about 2yrs old now..)

& put this hard drive into my dell 1525, the laptop came on but nothing really would work, so i found out that it needs drivers for ..-.. wireless card.. -. sound card..-. & other thing's.

so i put the old hard drive back in & it works but every now n then it goes down. 

before it completely does..

can i copy my drivers that are ...

go into... my computer...

..then into,, OS (c)

..then into.. drivers..

then a number of folders are on the right hand side..

when i click on a folder, a number of things in this folder open. 

.. can i just copy a main folder from the laptop to a usb flash drive..?

or do i have to copy each 1 in the main folder to a usb flash drive.?

the put in the other hard drive & the copy the files from my usb flash drive.

will this work.?

help please...thanks all...sorry for the long message, its my best way of explaining. 

thanks all...

2K Posts

June 27th, 2017 21:00

Hi PENGIUN,

Is the original HDD on the system faulty? How did you diagnose it? Were you able to run the onboard diags and did it report an error? What is the current OS being installed on the replacement HDD?

Regarding the drivers, you cannot copy the drivers folder and then move it to another volume or HDD expecting it to be installed, it does not work that way. 

If you need to install the drivers, then download and install the required drivers for the specific OS on the system here.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Posts

June 30th, 2017 14:00

Hi Rishi,

thanks for your reply.

i checked my system information. (start..  start search.. system info..)

& i checked my ram ....& its values.,

I found out that the 2 rams was equal to 1 gb.

so i swapped them around & found out 1 of the rams was not working,

Now i find that i put 1 of my old rams in & using the 2nd hand 1 my ram value's have gone upto 2gb & the other values are very high as well.

& Rishi mate, the laptop is working really quick.  pages / internet / other programs that i use are opening / responding really quick.

When ram is breaking down or dead does it effect laptop's / pc's speed / operational performance.?

(if i put in 2 rams of 2gb each ,equal to 4gb, will this make my laptop super quick.?)

thanks rishi.

2K Posts

June 30th, 2017 20:00

Hi PENGIUN,

Yes, if the RAM is faulty, then the system functionality is hampered, it will slow down the machine or it will result in a bluescreen error.

The system model supports a max of 4GB RAM and you could find the compatible memory from Crucial here.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!