Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2015 14:00

dell inspiron 13 7000 2 in 1, auto lock keyboard does not work

I've notice that the keyboard autolock does only work when i fold the computer into a full tablet mode.

It's just me or there is anyone there with the same problem? Have anyone any idea about it? 

17 Posts

January 14th, 2015 01:00

Yep, this is happening with me too. Extremely frustrating when I have the screen pushed back so the keyboard is on my lap (usually playing games with a gamepad) - this means I can push all sorts of keys and use the trackpad! 

My laptop is also not auto-rotating when in 'tent mode' OR full tablet mode! AGH!

January 30th, 2015 02:00

I just found the solution to my problem rereading another post (about the same problem but with the touchpad).

So the answer was a Dell program called "Quickset" (it can be downloaded from Dell's web page). It is the one that controls and locks the keyboard and the touchpad in stand or tent mode.

And finally, my problem was that although i had it installed, it was not running from start. So the solution, in my case, was as simple as placing a shortcut to it into "startup" windows common folder. That was all! 

So anybody has this same problem (keyboard and/or touchpad does not auto lock in tent or stand mode), check this first before going on with drivers and hardware.

17 Posts

January 30th, 2015 02:00

Well in my case, they replaced the screen due to ghost touches, and when they put the laptop back together, they didn't fit the ribbon for the accelerometer...so engineer visited with a new chip and didn't even need to use it, just reconnected what was already in there, bloody monkeys.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 17:00

Yeah, I've noticed it too.

January 14th, 2015 04:00

Yeah, that happened to me too, until i saw in "control panel --> screen --> change screen configuration" (sorry, i am translating from a Spanish OS, so maybe the names are not exactly the same), an unchecked box that says "allow automatic screen rotation". Check it and you'll get it. ;)

About the keyboard not locking, i suspect more and more windows update. There is a very long thread for avery long time in lenovo yoga forum about this very same issue, although no consistent solution. 

Meanwhile, for a very simple cases, like watching a movie in stand mode over your lap, there are some 3rd party software solutions, like KeyFreeze. But this NOT the solution. Hello Dell? Anybody there?...

January 14th, 2015 05:00

Man, i am really sorry for you. Best of luck!

Please, let us know if they manage to fix also the issue with keyboard.

17 Posts

January 14th, 2015 05:00

"Yeah, that happened to me too, until i saw in "control panel --> screen --> change screen configuration" (sorry, i am translating from a Spanish OS, so maybe the names are not exactly the same), an unchecked box that says "allow automatic screen rotation". Check it and you'll get it. ;)"

Thanks, but nope that won't do it...nothing is helping. I've started a thread here for it. Reinstalled drivers, nothing in Device Manager for the Accelerometer. Dell are looking into it, but waiting patiently for them to get back to me!

2 Posts

January 14th, 2015 08:00

You can fix it temporarily by going into control panel> keyboard > keyboard status > Keyboard Lock > temporary unlock.

13 Posts

October 11th, 2015 02:00

thanks, it worked.

1 Message

December 26th, 2017 03:00

Hi

After I have updated my windows, the auto keyboard on my screen is gone! I cant find it and I do not know how I can bring it back!! Please guide me with this problem

No Events found!