Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2013 21:00

dell inspiron 13z does not boot

Hello,

I have a month-old dell inspiron 5323 13z running windows 8 that stopped booting yesterday. I had a problem with booting since I got the laptop, namely the boot always stopped and had to press ctr+salt+del to continue the boot process. Dell support recommended the usual things: updating the bios, the OS, resetting the system to factory settings with no effect. Finally, I have decided I can leave this minor annoyance until know when it stopped booting at all after hybernating the system (there was no problem with hybernate before this incident).

So, it displays the dell logo for a short time when powering up, then the screen goes blank but not completely black. After pressing some keys like space a text  'f12 options' is printed in the lower right corner and en empty horizontal bar may appear. Then typing ctrl+alt+del or some random keys the boot may continue and at this point it may be possible to enter the boot menu by pressing f12. So I can change the boot option to uefi or legacy, but neither works. There is no option to boot from USB or anything else (no DVD drive anyway!). So I cannot even try to boot a linux live CD. However, i remember that these options existed before before in the boot order or priority list which is empty now. I can run the pre-boot diagnostics from the boot menu, but it does not find any problem.

Any suggestion how can I revive the system. By the way, I am stuck abroad for 2 months with this no use iPod charger.

4 Posts

December 27th, 2014 11:00

same problem here, I have tried everything to reload the OS back onto this 5323 to get it to boot up.

Nothing seems to work, we got an external CD drive, loaded the factory disc in it but that did nothing.

I have had problems with this laptop since it was new, Dell has fixed it twice and now that it's out of

warranty they have offered to fix it yet again but for $135 this time.  I feel that would be throwing good

money after bad because I have lost all faith in this laptop now. 

3 Posts

January 20th, 2015 02:00

There's a backup link to Dell Inspiron manual - www.manualsbase.com/manual/188563/laptop/dell/inspiron_5323/

1 Message

October 7th, 2015 01:00

I have 13z 5323 model, it came originally retail with 8GB of RAM, 2 x 4 GB , it would not boot, randomly give me loud beeps and nothing, running diagnostics via F12 boot options sometimes would tell me cpu or ram or even hdd tests fail but sometimes it would pass ,  very inconsistent tests, BIOS were showing HDD was on and recognized I knew it was working properly, I never had "operation system not found" messages , it seemed like during normal boot BIOS would fail and I would get blinking marker with no response from keyboard, I did some research couldnt find anything that would work for me, even USB BIOS update method failed - it would boot USB but could not access BIOS during the process, basically I have realized  that there is no access to BIOS during any type of boot other than F12, then Ive decided to remove RAM from 1 socket , try to test it 1 at a time, then boom laptop boots into Windows like nothing happened,   So I tested my RAM modules 1 at a time in both sockets and they were both running fine, it seems to me that there is some kind of major RAM operating problem, either 8 GB of ram is too much or using both RAM slots is creating a major problem for the hardware, I suggest opening back cover where RAM is and remove 1 module if you have 2 , or switch sockets if you have 1 module and do proper RAM testing ,  right now my laptop been working just fine running with only one 4GB RAM module

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2015 22:00

Senthil 

Can you please help. I am getting an error OPERATION SYSTEM NOT FOUND. 

Prasanna

4 Posts

October 25th, 2015 12:00

youll probably have to take it to someone to get it fixed unless you are an expert.  Should cost about $50 to get it fixed.

3 Posts

October 25th, 2015 21:00

If someone can give me the steps i can give it a shot in trying to fix it....

3 Posts

October 25th, 2015 21:00

It is a Dell Inspiron 13Z 5323......with no CD/DVD Drive

1 Message

November 30th, 2015 16:00

These laptops are notorious for power circuit/charging circuit failure. unplug the battery and the laptop will boot fine.

No Events found!