Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 3rd, 2013 02:00

dell inspiron 1464 bios update help.. PLEASE VERY SEVERE.

.i own a dell inspiron 1464 laptop.bought in 2011 .i was running the dell diagnostic utility recently  and it asked me for a bios update.i let it install the new bios because it was trusted and directly downloaded from dell website.it installed successfully but then the laptop started overheating in just 5 minutes after reboot.. getting stuck all the time.. browser,games,explorer,videos what not everything is messed up due to overheating .. i tried flashing the older bios version but it is not allowing me to install saying i already have the latest bios.. PLEASE HELP. i am posting this message too with great difficulty.

3.1K Posts

May 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi Raghubabu1961,

I understand it could be upsetting not to be able to use the computer properly. It seems that you ran the diagnostics using Dell Support Center. If yes, I would suggest you to run the on-board Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu. Please refer to the link if any error code shows up http://dell.to/17hZikk.

Please reply if you have any questions.

May 3rd, 2013 03:00

i ran all the tests using dell support center and they are all working well.it is just the problem with bios update.. i have checked on the internet as well.this problem has been seen in other dell 1464 users too.. i saw too many posts on the internet without answers.the hardware is working properly according to the support center.anyway i will aslo do the boot diagnostics and reply again in a while.but please do check if there is a way to downgrade the bios.

May 3rd, 2013 07:00

i ran all the diagnostics from boot. couldnt find any problems or errors..came clean.what now :(

May 6th, 2013 14:00

Hi raghubabu1961,

I am replying on behalf of Dell Appu S. Generally, BIOS update does not result into overheating issues. I would suggest you to observe the computer in safe mode and check if the overheating issue persists. You may follow the steps below to start the computer in safe mode :

• Power on the computer
  • Tap F8 key a few times till you see Advanced Recovery Options
  • Highlight Safe Mode With Networking and observe the system.

Please reply with the findings. will take it further from there.

No Events found!