Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: dell inspiron 15 7537 LCD Panel broken

Jump to solution

I have the same issue,  luckily i was bought a 2 year warranty extension and now wait for technician to fix the problem. Also in a while you will have problem to  Ethernet port

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Wow. The same thing just happened to me on my 7537. I do not travel with this laptop and probably just open and close it a few times a day. it is only 1.5 years old as well. I closed the lid and the right hinge popped. The touch screen separated from the display on that side. Horrible quality. I have been buying Dell computers for close to twenty years. Not any more. They have really become a poor choice.  For now I pushed the broken hinge behind the lid, it won't close anymore and can close the lid with the only the left hinge working.  I have an extended warranty from my credit card so I will see if they will pay to have it repaired. Dell should be ashamed of themselves. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

We, all, should email the link to this thread to Dell, multiple times.
And whenever, we contact dell, refer them this thread.

Also we should post pictures of broken area of laptop whenever we post the problem here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I had the exact same experience. I also noticed that the DELL social Medial Support (DELL-Hema) has very conveniently stopped posting once the issue seemed to be a DELL manufacturing problem and not "customer induced".

I will be pursuing this tomorrow. Hope you all do the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

It's very evident that the problem starts when the hinge screw mount points are cracked due to cheap material or intentional design defects.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am also facing the same issue .

Dell might have done purposly this bluder design . Atleast they would have design to use  screw  instead of fuse hinges to LCD panel .

I would have fixed with $14 expenses.

0 Kudos