Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2015 08:00

dell inspiron 5323 freeze at dell logo on boot

dell inspiron 5323 13z , very lite use, just reading books,

3 days ago, while i reading, it turned off, i try to turn on but it freeze after 2 to 3 seceond in dell logo,  and it keep like that every time i try to turn it on.

1- no beep.

2- f2 setup, and f12 boot options are accessible but it freezes as soon as i choose any option and hit enter.

3- diagnostic test not working and not accessible neither through f12 booting option nor through Fn key way.

4- i removed the hardisk, batteries, keyboard and still giving the same freeze.

5- i exchange the ram but still same error.

6- i removed the power and the battery and holded the power button for 30 second then tried to reboot but same freeze.

7-  the procsser cooling fan is working.

8- the freeze screen either black or dell logo.

i took it to repairshop near me he told he cannot determine the issue.

so, any suggestion?

184 Posts

June 7th, 2015 01:00

Hi hitttta,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, we appreciate you trying a few troubleshooting steps on your own. The issue more likely seems to be with the motherboard. We request you to help us with the service tag of your computer so that we could check and assist you further. We have sent you a friend request please accept it and share the service tag of your computer on a private message. The private message option could be found towards the upper right hand side on the page.

1 Message

June 30th, 2015 08:00

I have the same problem like the above on Dell Inspiron 13z 5323. Service Tag damaged too.

January 18th, 2017 08:00

Hello,

I am having the same issue on a Dell Inspiron 5323 s/tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> . Please Advice 

January 19th, 2017 17:00

Thanks for your response, I tried your suggestion with no luck. After some more troubleshooting I had to disconnect the battery which is internal next to the hard drive and powered it on with the power supply only, it worked.

I have ordered a new battery to see if that works as the current battery is dead. As soon as I connect it again the laptop freezes at boot up as shown in the screen shot.

Not sure how the dead battery would affect normal boot up process and cause the laptop to freeze. Please let me know if this issue has been reported below.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 19th, 2017 17:00

Hi Victor :emotion-2:

I'd suggest you run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

January 19th, 2017 18:00

Stock windows 7 yes and I probably 3-4 years old. Dell Inspiron 5323

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

It could be a issue with the hard drive, therefore I'd suggest you reseat it. After you reseat hard drive,press "Power On " button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea power. Please watch Dell video below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

By the way, what version of windows is on the system? Windows 7 ?

How old is the system?  Thanks

Nope, also reseated the HD, and it actually works fine OS boots fine able to work with the battery disconnected.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 20th, 2017 06:00

Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key(BIOS) continuously. Please don't wait until Dell logo appears to start tapping, soon as you power on system start tapping. If the system freeze up again, remove battery and try again. If you are successful in getting into BIOS, Reset the BIOS to Default Values 

No Events found!