Rocketman16
1 Nickel

RE: dell inspiron 5547 Touchpad problem

Please do tell me, what  TouchPad is this?  I might like to replace it with a non-Synaptics TouchPad also, I just need one that fits nicely.

Dell should do a recall on their Inspirons because of this.

A technician is coming tomorrow to replace mine, despite me not having warranty (I was promised it would be fixed even if the warranty expires, and I had to argue a TON despite me having proof.  Dell ***!).

I have a Dell Inspiron 5547.

0 Kudos
Raj7108
1 Copper

Actually my leptop problem is solved. Technician came and he re plece new mother board and after that my leptop working fine since last 6 months

0 Kudos
techlady01
1 Nickel

I bought a Dell Inspiron 5555 in May 2016. It has the same problems: overly sensitive and the right click-left click issue. Clearly Dell has no addressed the problem. Also, the most recent drivers won't install on my system, so the touchpad icon doesn't show up in the hidden icons box on the taskbar. Without the icon, I can't change gesture settings, which means the screen zooms in and out wildly at times. Dell support wants me to "refresh" Windows 8.1, which means every nonMicrosoft app I have will have to be reinstalled. As if! I think I'll send it back to have a new touchpad installed.

0 Kudos