Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2017 03:00

dell inspiron 7720

Hi, dear readers ... I hope someone can help me with this little problem.

I recently bought a used notebook (Inspiron 17R SE - 7720) and I decided to upgrade to Windows 10.

All drivers have been downloaded and installed. I also updated the BIOS to the latest version. And unfortunately I discovered a very small problem with Quickset.

The laptop has 3 special buttons in the top right corner. The left, who truly celebrates Mobility / Quickset, is no longer working.

I tried several Quickset versions and even reinstalled Windows did not solve the problem.

In windows 7 it worked correctly.

After hours of investigation, I could not find anything to fix it.

Regards,

Mara

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 24th, 2017 07:00

:emotion-2:

Unfortunately Dell doesn't list Quickset Application for windows 10 on your Dell Product Support page. However, It does list Quickset App for windows 8.1.

Support for Inspiron 17R SE 7720 | Drivers & downloads ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You could download Quickset Application(windows 8.1) in the link below and save it onto the Downloads file. After, try to run the Quickset App in Compatibility mode.

Dell Quickset Application Driver Details | Dell US

1. Click the yellow folder at the bottom of the taskbar(or right click windows logo, select File Explorer) and select Downloads.

2. Right click Quick App, select Properties.You can now either run the compatibility troubleshooter or select the option yourself. 

3. Go to the Compatibility tab, select Compatibility Mode, click apply and Ok, and then run the program to see if it works. Retry another Windows version if you still encounter problems. 

Quickset Application for windows 7 and 8:

Dell Quickset Application Driver Details | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

For example....

Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10 / Dell Update (older version):

No Events found!