Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2013 09:00

dell inspiron N4010 video graphics problem

I have

Dell Inspiron N4010

Core i3 

Win7 Ultimate

system hung up while using, restarted it again but it hung up again before , this happened 4-5 times, tried dell diagnostics, but showed no hardware or memory problem, formatted the system , reinstalled Win7 ultimate , installed all drivers and it showed no problem until I installed Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver, tried installing the updated driver but it didn't help, ran the Intel Processor Diagnotics Tool showed no problem , test result was pass, tried formatting 2-3 times but doesn't help anyway, i have standard VGA graphics now, can't install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver as it hangs up after that , plzz help........

1.5K Posts

May 17th, 2013 10:00

Hi amlan.dell,

Please share from where are you trying to install the Intel Media Accelerator drivers. Is it from the Dell website or from the Intel website? Also if the the Windows 7 Ultimate installed is 64bit or 32bit.

Please update the BIOS to the latest version from here. Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Try updating the Intel Media Accelerator drivers from the Dell Website.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2013 09:00

thankx sir for ur suggestion..i install the  Intel Media Accelerator drivers from the dell website itself..but still if i install the video graphics driver and once the laptop gets restarts,after sometime its gets hang up itself..also i am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit..

3 Posts

May 18th, 2013 09:00

thankx sir for ur suggestion..i install the  Intel Media Accelerator drivers from the dell website itself..but still if i install the video graphics driver and once the laptop gets restarts,after sometime its gets hang up itself..also i am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit..

1.5K Posts

May 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi amlan.dell,

Thank you for sharing the information.

As Operating System has been installed more than twice along with the updated drivers and system BIOS, it appears to be an issue with the hardware. You may consider replacing the motherboard.

If the system is under warranty please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation), so that I can make arrangements for the repairs. If the system is out of warranty, you may contact Dell's Out of Warranty team at 1-800-288-4410 (applicable for US customers).

If you are in a different region, go to http://dell.to/18NmI2D select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information. You may purchase the part from them and install it your self or contact a local technician for assistance.

April 2nd, 2017 12:00

ok

April 2nd, 2017 12:00

driver n4010

No Events found!