Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

_

October 8th, 2013 22:00

dell inspiron n5010 black screen 8peeps :(

suddenly pc started to give pictures problem and mixed ....lap stops for some seconds then picture became normal , then again mixed pictures like old tv :(

few mins and it shutted down it self ... 

1 . Next , i press power ..............power on and black screen 

2 . checked power and batterry and power lamb on 

3 . when i write bios password and enter (screen still black ) ................ give me 8 beeps and still black screen 

4 . i removed ram  ............ gave me normal beep for no ram but still black screen and no pictures

i tried 3 rams but still like no 1 , 3

5 . connected HDMI to tv and tried still getting no 1 , 3

i done every thing i know pls help ....

thanks

1.5K Posts

October 8th, 2013 22:00

Hi HvN,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Then remove the adapter
  • Remove the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter

You may try running diagnostics by either pressing + Power button while system is off or by removing the battery and the ac adapter, press the power button and plug in the ac adapter.

8 beeps generally indicate LCD failure. You may run LCD diagnostics on the system to check if there is any issue with the LCD of the system. Follow the steps below to perform LCD diagnostics:

• Turn off the system
  • Press and hold down ‘D’ key on the keyboard while system is off
  • Now press the power button while holding down the ‘D’ key

If you get the solid colors flashing on the screen, LCD is working fine.

Keep me posted with the results, I will be glad to assist further.

3 Posts

October 8th, 2013 23:00

thx for quick answer :)

i tried all what u said but no thing new happen

power is ok i guess lamb on ,  hearing processor fan and battery is charging   .

i tried LCD test but no thing happen and still black screen :(

i hope u have more solutions for me 

thx 

1.5K Posts

October 9th, 2013 05:00

Hi HvN,

It seems the issue is with the system LCD. I would suggest you to connect an external monitor and check if you are getting display on it. 

If you are getting display on the external monitor then LCD is needed to be replaced.

If the system is covered under warranty, you may provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start a Private Message) so I may access your records and we will take it further from there.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further assistance. 

3 Posts

October 9th, 2013 17:00

thx for help 

i tried to connect TV via HDMI before  but no picture at all

i wanna know if this mean failure in VGA card as  i guess or not ??

and i cant replace VGA , this mean i have to replace mother board ??

my warranty extended long time ago :(

1.5K Posts

October 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi HvN,

If the system is not giving any display with the external device connected as well then the issue can be with the video card. Yes, in case the issue is with the video card the whole motherboard is needed to be replaced. As graphics card is embedded on the motherboard.

If you are comfortable in replacing the motherboard and you are residing in the US, you may contact dell spares to check for the price. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/11GOIPD. For Owner Manual, you may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/REGhS6.

You may contact Dell Out of Warranty Repairs (OWR) department in US by referring to the link: http://dell.to/15Ru1qU.

Feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!