Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2012 08:00

dell inspiron n5110

sir/mam
i have this question, is dell inspiron n5110 (my laptop) has a multi tasking touchpad functions? for instance; scrolling zooming...  etc.  
i am confused my dad has an inspiron the one that has no numpad like n5110 his touchpad can do multitasking functions like scrolling,zooming.. etc.

how about my laptop's touchpad?  if there is solutions pls. tell me ASAP thank you..

4.4K Posts

Hi  chris andrew,

Welcome to the Community,

Dell Inspiron N5110 Touchpad does have multi-touch gestures functions.To make this work you needs to have the Dell Alps TouchPad driver installed.

Use the link below to download and install this driver :

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

After installing this driver,reboot the system,on the task bar you should have the Touchpad icon.Click on it to access Dell Touchpad properties,Touch Pad Settings for different Touchpad functions.

Alternate way to access the Touchpad settings,is through the Control Panel,Mouse,Dell Touchpad.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

4.4K Posts

Hi,

I've responded to your query on the other post : en.community.dell.com/.../20137421.aspx

sir/mam
i have this question.... i have this inspiron n5110 in hand.. and i have a confusion with the touchpad...
is this unit has a multi tasking touchpad? a different functions for instance; scrolling,zooming, etc.  i have this function only to click and double click and to move the pointer...

pls. i need your help ASAP.. thank you  

July 8th, 2012 00:00

thank you sir..! :)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2012 05:00

It does not have a backlit keyboard (or the option for one), no.

July 8th, 2012 05:00

sir one thing... is this unit has a backlit keyboard, if ever plss...alow me to know how to activate it.. thank you!

No Events found!