Highlighted
AD Katper
1 Copper

dell laptop inspiron 14z wont shutdown/sleep normally, cpu led stays on

hi;

my laptop wont shutdown shutdown or sleep normally, i can see cpu led light stays on and dont go off at all, i have waited more than 1 hour but light stays on.

i uninstalled all drivers and re-installed even i t have tried to re-install windows but still same problem, currently i am using windows 7 64bit.

Its worth mentioning here that restart works fine.

please help to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dell-Parnoshree C
3 Argentium

RE: dell laptop inspiron 14z wont shutdown/sleep normally, cpu led stays on

Hi  AD Katper,

Please try downloading the latest BIOS from support.dell.com and install the same. After restart

try and uninstall all the video drivers from device manager and reinstall it back again from support website, check if still the issue persists write back to us so that we can help you further.

Dell-Parnoshree C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
AD Katper
1 Copper

thanks for the response.

i have already installed latest bios drivers and latest video/audio/network drivers but still facing same problem.

0 Kudos
AD Katper
1 Copper

i have already done that, installed latest bios and re-install all drivers, but still same problem

0 Kudos
Dell-Parnoshree C
3 Argentium

Can you please attach the pictures of the CPU led which you are referring to.

Is it possible for you to remove the battery from the system without any difficulties, if yes please remove the battery and the ac adapter,make sure no external peripherals are connected, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds,

Here we have removed the static charges from the main board, connect the battery and turn the system on and check if the sleep and shut down works.

Parnoshree.

Dell-Parnoshree C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos