Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 6th, 2012 02:00

dell n5010 shuts down automatically

my dell inspiron 5010 shuts down automatically when i'm playing games like fifa, nfs etc. :(

4.4K Posts

June 6th, 2012 02:00

Hi Dexterboy,

Welcome to the Community,

Check if system is overheating.Make sure the fan is running normally and air vents are clean.

Also run the Dell 32 bit hardware diagnostics  to confirm all hardware is fine.

Use the link below for steps to run the diagnostics:

lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Post back any error code/message if any.

Thank You

6 Posts

June 7th, 2012 02:00

thank you for the prompt reply. i'll follow your suggestions and get back to you. :)

6 Posts

June 7th, 2012 03:00

ran the hardware diagnostics... got one error: error code 0F00:133C, MSG:DISK-No suitable disk media is present.

i don't think this is related to my problem (isn't it?). so probably it was just due to overheating.

4.4K Posts

June 7th, 2012 12:00

Error code 0F00:133C, MSG:DISK-No suitable disk media is present is not related to your problem.If the system is overheating that will cause the system to shut down.

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 22:00

The problem of abrupt shut down got quite frequent and annoying. So i ran the hardware diagnostics and got an error regarding the CPU THERMISTOR. The error code is 3900:0626 and the message was that the sensor was out of range at 100C. Does this mean i'll have to change the thermistor? If yes how much would it cost? Or is there any other way to correct this problem?

4.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Dexterboy,

I found a post which talks about solution on the Bad Thermisters.Though its for a different system model,you can try this on your system and see if it works.

All you have to do is at start up (Dell Logo),press Fn + Z( press these two keys together). Let the system boot normally  and after everything loads turn off the system.Run the diagnostics again and see if you get the same error.If you get the same error and there is no change in system performance (system heating up),than you would need to get the motherboard reaplced.

This is the link to the post with solution : http://www.notebookforums.com/t/206464/inspiron-9300-bad-thermisters-can-mobo-be-fixed

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You

6 Posts

August 4th, 2012 05:00

I ran the hardware diagnostics a few more times and the cpu thermistor test passed each time. But when the test had failed earlier, the system was running for some time before i did the test. So i'm quite confused about the problem. My warranty period expired just 2 months ago, so i would like to know how much would a motherboard replacement cost. And is it alright to continue with the same motherboard as there is no problem during tasks other than playing games.

4.4K Posts

August 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Its seems that the system is shutting down due to overheating.That  is why it happens only while playing games or using the system for longer period of time.If the system is not able to control the heat generated it may damage the other components on the system.So its better to get the motherboard replaced,rather than using the same motherboard.To get the pricing information on the replacement motherboard you can contact Out of Warranty Repair Service at 1-800-288-4410 (for US region).

No Events found!