Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 15th, 2013 06:00

dell studio 1558 motherboard replacement

I have studio 1558 corei5 with cgy2y motherboard is it possible to replace it with 4dknr model ? 

Will it support my processor ? 

Thanks.

3.1K Posts

February 15th, 2013 09:00

Hi Nirmit1105,

I have checked the specifications. 4DKNR motherboard should work with your system.
Here is the service manual for Studio 1558 system http://bit.ly/12LCtRU 

Note: Before removing the parts, please ensure that all peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) are disconnected; battery is removed and AC Adaptor is unplugged from the computer.

Hope this information helps.

September 29th, 2014 10:00

As far as Studio 1558 is concerned, the production of parts have been stopped. Hence, if the laptop is under extended warranty, Dell will replace the laptop by generating a credit note and the customer can purchase a new model with that. If the laptop is not under warranty, new laptop is the solution.

15 Posts

February 15th, 2013 10:00

Well first of all thanks for answer it helped

3.1K Posts

February 15th, 2013 16:00

Hi Nirmit1105,

Thank you for the response. Glad that you fund the information useful. The service manual document provides detailed instructions and should be handy for part replacement/upgrade.

Do reach out in case you need any further assistance.

October 29th, 2013 01:00

Hi there, I have dell studio 1558 laptop ( i3 proccesor, 3gb ram, ati raedon card, 320 harddisk), and its CMOs battery clip on +ve side got detached from mother board , despite shouldering once, its not fixing the problem,  I asked dell regarding this, they told me to change the mother board itself, which is not available in stock yet. In case if am buying the motherboard online, can you suggest me its price and model that will be compatible to my laptop. Currently is having DELL 0NJ WJR motherboard.  Am also looking for dell warrenty.

15 Posts

October 29th, 2013 03:00

I think same cgy2y or 4dknr would work try getting it from aliexpress but build quality wont be good . Other option is parts people its kind of oofficial part supplier they deliver world wide 

1 Message

June 22nd, 2014 17:00

Hi,

Can someone please let me know where I could buy the mother board for 1558.Mine is the one with ATI card in it.

Thanks

15 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 18:00

There's a official dell parts supplier in USA I don't remember thale name but Google it u will find em they supply world wide. For me their shipping charge to Europe was too much. I.e. more than what I want to spend on almost 6 year old laptop so I went on to Alibaba found a Chinese supplier prayed a Chinese god and placed the order. It works perfectly for more than a year but I don't recommend that way except economical reason coz I have had bad experiences in past

So I think this solves most of your concerns.

PS order any one  for 1558 it will work just check your CPU compatibility. And as Chinese guy did not have 512 mob graphic one which I ordered he sent me with 1gb in same price (without informing me about change of course)

Psur

8 Posts

September 20th, 2014 06:00

My Laptop is Dell Studio 1558.
My Graphic card is burnt, so the engineer asked me to replace the mother board. I am in South India (Coimbatore).
I could not get the mother board here.

Please let me know where can I get the motherboard.

285 Posts

September 20th, 2014 06:00

Hi Senthil.R,

Contact to chennai authorized service center. i will share the details of our dell service center details.

8 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 21:00

My laptop is Dell studio 1558, model no - PP39L

Service Tag -  and Express service code is

8 Posts

September 29th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I called the Chennai service center, "Digicom Complete Solutions", they asked me to call Dell Customer Service center. I said her that I already called the service center and they said the production has been stopped.

So the Digicom can not provide any alternation for this.

1 Message

October 9th, 2014 13:00

My Laptop is Dell Studio 1558.

Specification: i5, RAM 4GB, 500 GB hard disc.

I spoke to customer care executives and they are saying this product has been discontinued and parts will not be available.  I have replace my motherboard as it is not working. 

My Graphic card is burnt, so the engineer asked me to replace the mother board. I am in Hyderabad.
I could not get the mother board here.

Please let me know where can I get the motherboard or if you could arrange it for me from other Dell authorized store.

If Dell is not responsible for parts then where and whom to contact. Dell should provide support for their customers when are discontinuing any product.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2014 21:00

Hi,

I have Dell Studio 1558 laptop with i5, 4 GB Ram and 500GB HDD, 1 GB ATI Graphics card and is 4 + years old.

Recently, suddenly the laptop screen stopped display though I can feel the fan running and HDD also running.
I called up Dell support and they told me since my laptop is out of warranty, they wont be servicing it. Then after doing some research in the web, I tried "Fn + D" during the bootup and found all the colors displayed correctly in the LCD display. Then I connected my laptop to an external monitor and tried to get the display working but still it was not working. Then after many restarts, I pressed F12 during boot and suddenly the Screen seemed to work and I ran the diagnostic tool from Dell and all the tests passed. Then during the boot, I selected Safe Mode for Window startup and then laptop seemed to work fine in that mode. Then I restarted and I chose to Start Windows in Normal mode and after the Windows Logo, the screen went blank again and restarted. The laptop supports Full HD display and I feel the laptop is not able to display properly when the display resolution is more than 1024X768.

Any possible solutions to this issue ?

Also I found the Dell response that when the laptop is not in warranty they will not even bother to take it for service and repair since I am ready to pay the money for it. This is the first time I have such a bitter experience with Dell.

8 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 23:00

Is it safe / worth to buy a mother board from Ebay or any other online store? because I am from South India and mother board suppliers from China, I am not sure that suppliers mother board supports my model laptop.

Can you refer any good suppliers for motherboard replacement?

Thanks.

No Events found!