i'm bought a dell vostro 5460 and wifi is unstable, my wifi speed is 160 kb/s it usually down to 15kb/s and then some seconds up to 160kb/s, although my friend laptop aren't. I setup all drives for my servicetag on dell website but it isn't improve.
how can i fix it?
Thanks for view.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would request you to uninstall the wireless drivers completely.
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process
4.When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
(Note: Deleting a Driver Package. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device)
Reinstall the drivers using this link
Punch in your service tag. Select the right card and install the drivers.
1. Double click on the Intel Centrino wireless Adapter from device manager to go to its properties
2. Click Advanced > Adapter Settings > Advanced tab.
3. Windows 7 or 8*: Select Transmit Power, change Value to 5. Highest.
4. Set Roaming Aggressiveness to medium-low
Restart the system once you make the changes.
Reply with your findings