Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2013 07:00

dell xps 13 l321x doesn't charge battery

this pc is almost new.

when i plug the charger in it gives me a ERROR message saying that charger has not been recognised and therefore pc will be connected to electricity, but battery will not be chargeed.

dell online pc check service (my dell) sais that pc is working fine as well as software and battery.

i bought from dell a new original dell battery charger thinking that the older one had the inside pin ruined. Unfortunarely i get the same message error even with the new chager pugged in.

ps. when i got the pc it was set  with windows 7. then i had it changed to windows 8.  who did it, a professional, has therefore downloaded and installed all windows 8 drivers and update set by dell for this model.

SO IS THERE ANYBODY OF YOU WHO CAN ADVISE ME ON WHAT TO DO NEXT?

should i think that the  problem could be on the motherboard and therefore go for the warranty?

THANKS IN ADVANCE, AL

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 26th, 2013 07:00

If the system is under warranty, call Dell - if you've already tried a new power adapter, the problem is with the DC jack or mainboard.

However, if the jack turns out to be physically damaged, they'll likely call it accidental damage and the warranty won't cover it.  In that event, the part to replace is this one:

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=11280

803 Posts

August 26th, 2013 08:00

Hi alessbon,

As 'ejn63' said the issue seems to be with the power jack or the system board. If the system is under warranty, please provide the service tag and name on the account through Private message so that I can check for replacement options. 

To send a Private message, click my User name and Start Conversation.

4 Posts

August 26th, 2013 09:00

Tanks a lot. I'll keep this option for the case i don't get  anything out of the call center service. Al

4 Posts

I just spoke to the SERVICE on the pone. They couldn' t solve my problem on the phone. They said that i Will be contacted by a tecnician within few days who will meet me and check the laptop directly. So i'll wait... Afterwords, if unsolved, i'll write you back for replacement parts. Thanks a lot so far. Al

803 Posts

Certainly. You can reach out to us anytime.

4 Posts

August 29th, 2013 05:00

just to inform all of you who kindly replied me back. i got the motherboard changed by a technician sent to me by dell. thanks al

No Events found!