Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2014 19:00

dell xps l502x laptop makes 4 beep sounds and wont startup

my dell xps laptop is making four beep sounds continuously and then pause and then it again starts making beep sound four times and then pause again and this happens continuously until i power down my system.the screen is also blank,nothing is being displayed on the screen and even the fan seems to be running vary fast.what could be the problem please help me.

• 

3.3K Posts

July 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi Raj,

4 beeps is the indication of memory failure. Please reseat the memory & check. If the issue persists, place one memory at a time and check. Try both the memory modules in both the slots. This will help us to isolate which memory slot or memory is causing the issue.

click on the link for service manual: http://bit.ly/1e3CHca 

1 Message

August 3rd, 2014 02:00

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem.... I four beeps when trying to start my notebook. 

I followed the instructions to reseat the memory and also tried both modules in both slots, one at a time, with no success so far. Do you have any further suggestions? 

Spezi 

• 

3.3K Posts

August 4th, 2014 23:00

Hi  Spezi,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps. You may try one last step that is to try with known good memory. If the issue duplicates even with known good memory, then the connectors on the motherboard are faulty.

Let me know your findings.

August 18th, 2014 01:00

thanks,the problem was there in one of my memory slot.

2 Posts

May 21st, 2016 01:00

Hi,  i have the same problem on my dell vostro laptop.  Can you tell me how to reset the memory

No Events found!