Highlighted
lfdow
1 Copper

display resolution

Periodically, perhaps every third or fourth day, when my computer is running, a set of thin, vertical lines will appear and the display becomes very unfocused, fuzzy, as if the depth of field is wrong. The problem is always corrected by rebooting the machine. However, it would be better if the problem could be fixed permanently rather than having to reboot every time it happens.

I’m running Win 10 (the same problem periodically occurred prior to upgrading to Win 10) on an Alienware 17 R2 laptop. The machine is about 6 months old, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; Generic PnP Monitor; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.

I ran the LCD Buit-In Self Test and everything seemed O.K. I also did the complete online diagnostic and then did the video card test, both of which found no errors. I then downloaded the IOLO Checkup Tool. When I opened it I would get a window that asked if it was all right to make changes, I clicked yes, then a small window that said the program was starting a scan which then disappeared and nothing else would happen. I tried to make this work several times without success. So, this test wasn’t done.

Any ideas about what’s wrong and how it can be fixed. I ran a search on the forum and the knowledge base but didn’t come up with anything that seemed applicable.

0 Kudos