Highlighted
JustSomeUser
1 Copper

distortion in sound and video's

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a question concerning the quallity of the media on my laptop, concerning both graphical and audio gliching sounds and video crashes. They seem to occur at the exact same time so I'm guessing there is a connection beween the two of them. The specs on my laptop are:

Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook - 2,40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4700MQ - 64 bit 

I use my NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M video card mostly but I have tried switching between the other standard video card Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. 

I have been using this Notebook for a few months now for school (I'm using a pretty heavy 3D design program, inventor), music, films and games. And until now it completely lived up to my expectations and I'm a quite content user but these noises and distortions are killing me. They occur with both my headphones and without (just the speakers on my laptop) about every 5 seconds. My notebook proudly wears the Beats Audio brand (honestly I don't believe that should guarantee anything concerning audio quallity, it just so happend to be on the laptop that had drawn my attention.)

Now I have done a little research on the subject, after trying basic solutions like reinstalling my audio drivers and in generally looking up previous updates and checking the log, and I found this tread: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFoQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.co.... Of people expiriencing quite simmilar problems with a different model of laptop, but it didn't seem like a solution had been found. I've had found a few other threats that suggested it might have something to do with windows. but the Windows 8 help proved not to be sufficient to solve the problem.

Can you maybe help me out on this case?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: distortion in sound and video's

Jump to solution

Hello. Yes we found a solution regarding the thread you linked to. All of the solutions that we (the laptop owners) have found are listed in the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ. The solutions are listed roughly newest to oldest, and by model. You are surely unfamiliar with Dell model names so I will tell you that Dell seems to be getting a handle on these kinds of problems, or Microsoft is, because none of the newest models are on the list. We haven't seen these types of symptoms lately.

The solution to the problem you linked to is explained under the heading "Inspiron 1545 and 1750", but it also applied to many other models too. However that appears to have been fixed. I doubt that it would apply to your new HP laptop, but if you look through the other solutions you might see something that will help you.

Have you tried to an HP forum yet?

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
JustSomeUser
1 Copper

RE: distortion in sound and video's

Jump to solution

oh damn...

my bad I'm on the wrong forum

but thank you for trying to help anyway I will surely try the solutions you've adviced

0 Kudos