vespr
1 Copper

downgrade vostro 5460 with preinstalled windows 8 to windows 7

Jump to solution

i have recently purchased a vostro 5460 which comes with windows 8 and not windows 8 pro which appears to be a requirement if i wish to downgrade, as tabled here: http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=yH4BMCg0hGn

but if i do wish to downgrade, do i have any other options?

i am constantly losing wifi connectivity with this new laptop or having slowed down connectivity with 2 out of 5 bars even from 20 feet away; the pages i try to load constantly jump to loading pages previously loaded, etc. i have an inspiron desktop at home with windows 7 i have used for the past three years which have given me no such problems, so i am finding all this interruptions extremely frustrating. 

can anyone help me? thank you so much in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

Re: downgrade vostro 5460 with preinstalled windows 8 to windows 7

Jump to solution

You'll need to purchase a full copy of 7 (not the upgrade version)  -- and  you will lose your software support (Dell only supports the OS it ships).

Highlighted

Re: downgrade vostro 5460 with preinstalled windows 8 to windows 7

Jump to solution

Hi vespr,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per ejn63’s suggestion in order to install the Windows 7 Operating System you’ll have to purchase a full copy. Regarding the issue with Wireless connectivity you might try a couple of steps mentioned below.

1. Please perform the PC Diagnostics on the computer by clicking on the link below.
http://dell.to/15kW7qD

2. Click on the option “Symptom” and highlight “Internet Performance” and click on Run Diagnostics, make a note of errors at the end of the test if any.
3. Alternatively, shut down the computer and run the Pre Boot System Assessment by tapping F12 key during startup (when you see the Dell logo).
4. Select Diagnostics

Please perform these steps and if in case this does not resolve the issue with the Wireless connection, we might have to restore your computer to factory settings.
let us know what happens with this Diagnostics so we can assist you accordingly.

NOTE: Data has to be backed up before in order to initiate the PC Restore

Do reply us back with your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Munawar P
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
For Dell support videos click here.

anousak
1 Copper

RE: downgrade vostro 5460 with preinstalled windows 8 to windows 7

Jump to solution

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have bought Dell Vostro 5460 come with Windows 8, when i bought. it don't have preinstall DVD but it have Windows 8 sticker on my laptop, and at first i not create a system image and system repair disk, and my friend installed windows 7 on my machine and format all hard disk.  my question it is possible that i want to make laptop like first time that have Windows 8.

Best Regards,

SAK. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos