nzohn
1 Copper

Re: e6400, e4300 blue screens

So, SP2 of VISTA resolve the BSOD!!!

Unclear what your asking. Please restate what you mean.

Vista SP2 seems to help. Not sure if its a solution since the problem switches between being intermittent and cronic, i.e., it happens for a while, then goes away for a week, then comes back.

Only way to to tell is to give it a month or so. Everyone also seems to have a different way to get around it. Likely, because the CI.dll is a startup dll which verifies start-up devices. It's failure indicates a start-up problem which may be traced to many alternative reasons, not a particular defect. Furthermore, the 0x00...7E error is simply a memory start-up error which indicates a start-up device failure which can be either a hardware or driver problem.

SP2 seems to help resolve it, but the problem is not gone until I see its gone for 2 weeks-2 months.

0 Kudos
nzohn
1 Copper

Well its been a few weeks since I installed SP2 and replaced the TSST A633U DVD-ROM with the Panasonic one I got from Dell.. and tada... problem is still there.

I hate vista.

The problem is less chronic than it used to be, but still shows up from time to time. I may attempt a complete OS rebuild, when I have the time. It's still a 7E stop error, however now it isn't listing any particular DLL. Before it was referncing the CI.dll.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
peteostro
1 Nickel

I have an update. We worked with some top people at dell on this issue for a while. For us it came to an issue with McAfee 8.5. To fix this we delayed auto started McAfee services (Delayed auto start is a Vista setting that loads all other services first then the delayed start services, in this case these were McAfee framework service, McAfee McSheild & McAfee Task Manager)

The blue screens are now gone.

0 Kudos
SanAtDel
1 Copper

Hello,

We have three Latitude E6500 Dells with no webcams, two of them have blue screen errors (CI.dll)  from time to time . Restarting in save mode a few times mostly fixes the problem.  I now updated the BIOS from the dell site to A16, updated VISTA (32bit) to service pack 2, explorer to version 8 and all recommended hardware updates from the DELL site. Further there is no McAfee installed on the laptops but Avast.

For now, fingers crossed!!  But I was wondering if the people with the new dvd player still have problems, and if this is the real cause of the problem? Or if  any other solutioin is found in the mean while?

Thx!

Greetz

Sandra Claeys

0 Kudos