Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2014 07:00

e7240 - Intermittently, the bottom half of screen goes black

Hi all,

Took delivery of a new e7240 with touchscreen and WIndows 8. Quickly patched it and upgraded it to Windows 8.1. Installed Office 2013 (Office 365).

Occassionally when I'm in the Desktop, usually running Outlook 2013, I'm noticing that the bottom half of the screen is going black. It's almost like I'm a menu is popping up from the bottom but it's across the entire screen and pops up as high as about half the screen. It seems to go away when I sleep the machine or move to Metro interface and back and sometimes just moving the mouse causes the black pop up to disappear and re-appear.

Any ideas?

I've updated the BIOS to A07, and I've tried updating the drivers the latest version Windows has for the Intel graphics card, and I've rolled that driver back to the version that Dell has posted as the official latest version for the e7240. Nothing so far has fixed the issue.

My wife seems to think that if she puts it into sleep mode and wakes it that it goes away (temporariliy). (Or I shold say it goes away long enough for use the computer for a few more minutes/hour until it happens again)

No Responses!
No Events found!