Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2013 11:00

ePSA error code 2000-0151

inspiron 15r n5110 has error code 2000-0151 validation 14392 incorrect status 3E, code refers to flashing the bios, i have the latest bios. pls help thank you

2.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hello Lundzee,

Error Code 2000-0151 means the optical drive is in Incorrect Status. We would have re-seat the Optical Drive.

Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove any and all power sources including but not limited to: AC Adapter, Battery, or Desktop Power Cord, before you remove or reinstall an item in your computer.
Please see the Service manual for instructions on how to remove and replace the CD/DVD Drive.
After reinstalling the Optical Drive re-run the diagnostics and check the functionality.

Write back to us with results, I’d be glad to assist further.

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 19:00

well then why does the epsa say that it is a hard drive problem.  and that i need to reflash the latest bios.  my optical drive is fine but my hard drive is not being recognized half of the time and the identification of the drives is all messed up and can't find where window is installed.

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 23:00

i am sorry for the attitude,  this situation is getting the better of me.  the laptop, came with win 8pro clean installed over the win 7premium. it ran perfectly for exactly 90min. then everything went wrong after the first reboot after a update.. then the network adapter would nt work, and then it stopped booting altogether. don't even remember everything i have tried, but sometimes the hard drive is shown in bios   sometimes it missing. the hard drive w/ win 8  was once on d drive but now the dvbd/cd rom is there, c is marked removable device,  usb is  e: drive, and x; is system 32., but where is the hard drive?  what i want to do is reformat the hard drive and return to win 7, i have the disks from dell win 7 and drivers,  so will re flashing the bis help me do that? and how do you re flash a bio? thank  you

2.6K Posts

January 27th, 2013 01:00

Hello Lyndzee,

I can understand that it becomes frustrating when the computer is malfunctioning. However in this case, I would suggest you reset the BIOS to defaults. Please refer the article on Resetting the System Setup (BIOS) to its Default Settings. I would also request you to try the steps for the Error Code 0151 as mentioned in the previous post. 

Please write back with results. 

4 Posts

January 30th, 2013 18:00

resetting bios to defaults did not help, is that what reflash means?  also error code 0151 has no other fixes.

2.6K Posts

January 30th, 2013 20:00

Hello Lyndzee,

In this case, I would suggest updating the firmware for the optical drive. Please click here to visit the Drivers and Download page. Under Removable Storage, check for the firmware for the optical drive installed in the system and update it. Once done, restart the computer and check the functionality. Also run the PSA Diagnostics once again and check if you get the same error code. 

Please write back with results.

2 Posts

September 27th, 2013 13:00

Hi, I am having the same problem as the previous person before me. I have a inspiron N7110 runing windows7 and keep getting error Code 2000-0151, Validation 43741 I keep running the diagnostics on the computer and it does not let me complete the test successfully. It gives me the error code. Please help I would appreciated.

Error Code 2000-0151

Validation 43741

Msg: Hard Drive 0-S/N WD-WXD1A31D5423, incorrect status = 32

No additional sense information 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 27th, 2013 15:00

2000-0151 is a complete hard drive failure.  If your system is under warranty, call Dell and they'll replace the drive.  If it's out of warranty, you'll need a new, 2.5" 9.5 or 7 mm SATA notebook hard drive.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2014 18:00

Ive been getting this problem on my E7440 which has an SSD. The machine is not rebooting, Dell have replaced the SSD and the problem still occurs. They've even replaced the motherboard.

It cant be an SSD failure when the same problem occurs with two new SSDs.

Is there an inherent problem with E7440s ??? I'm VERY frustrated :emotion-6:

No Events found!