Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2014 21:00

email trouble

I hope I'm in the right spot- I have a Dell Inspiron and it's been a champ for two+ years. Last night though, I discovered that I can open and read email, but I can't reply or send out new emails. Any suggestions?

65 Posts

January 31st, 2014 03:00

Are you using Windows Live Mail page, if so check you are still signed in.

615 Posts

February 1st, 2014 01:00

Outlook, live, msn, hotmail...all Microsoft webmail...one login...for example I have an @msn address that's 14 years old and I use it from Hotmail. Livemail MSN etc etc. heck it's even associated with one of my windows accounts. Check your settings. if you're online and in the mail service of your choice. Outlook.com or otherwise...it's not your computer. 

3 Posts

February 1st, 2014 01:00

I go to "Hotmail" to sign in to the live.com acct. When I sign out, I'm directed to the MSN page. When I set up the acct, it was live.com, then it rolled over to 'Outlook', yet I go to hotmail.com. Go figure.

65 Posts

February 1st, 2014 02:00

If you can send and receive hotmail from your Browser but not with the (Desktop) Windows Live Mail app' then this is a known issue and you should go to the Microsoft Community forum for the fix.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

HTH.

615 Posts

February 1st, 2014 02:00

ADDENDUM to previous reply:

If you are using Outlook from Microsoft Office as you mail editor you may need to check your outgoing mail settings.

3 Posts

February 1st, 2014 12:00

I'm online and I can open and read emails- just not send any. Just discovered in the 'community' forum for this site that I'm not the only one having this issue. I haven't had any trouble with this address since I opened the acct, even when I had a virus removed last summer. No trouble, zip. And now Microsoft wants to charge me to remotely look at my computer? I may change servers... . I'll see if I can figure out how to check settings (seriously uneducated re: computers...)

Thank you

65 Posts

February 2nd, 2014 03:00

I never use the Live Desktop app' but thought I'd check it and Hey-Ho I have the same issue - obviously a MS problem.

As long as my Hotmail continues to work okay with IE or Chrome I will just wait for MS to sort it out. 

No Events found!