Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2012 20:00

error code 0f00:133c

i have a dell inspiron that will not boot this is the error code i got when i ran pre boot test 0f00:133c any help would be welcomed.. thanks

3.8K Posts

October 14th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Error Code 0f00:133c, is generated when you run a Diagnostics on your CD/DVD drive, and because there was not CD in the drive to test the drive it gave you that error. This is nothing to be worried about, as long as the drive is working fine.

Thank you.

October 15th, 2012 01:00

The dell tech reffered me to the repair dept. some have said my video card was bad, the tech suggested it has lost it's memory which i take to mean hard drive failure. is ther any thing i can try that may get it started to allow the tech to  take a peek at it ive tried to boot in safe mode but it will not allow it..

3.8K Posts

October 18th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo, select Diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. This will take about an hour, post back with any error codes.

Thank you.

October 24th, 2012 01:00

I ran the diagnostics tests and the error codes i get are

0f00:133c  Msg. disk-no sutiable disk media is present.     I take this to be a test of the cd drive but because i can not open tray it has no disk. so can not test it.

next code

4400:011A  msg. SCSI_0_000_DISK_GENERIC_MULTI-CARD-TARGET NOT READY.   I take this to be the same as the cd drive but only for SD port.

That is all it reads out ive ran the tests under the symtoms tree list (all of them) took several hours but nothing came up.

Any suggestions for a not so savy computer person. I have tried to start in safe mode via f8 but i have a fn key to hit at the same time ether im not doing it right or it wont start that way..  i may have picked up a trojan horse virus that norton caught and cleared 2 days before it went down. I think sytem restore to an earlier date would maybe fix it but cant start in any mode to run it. I have many pics and old family photos on it that would be hard to replace. and a great music library i dont want to lose. PLEASE HELP and thank you...

No Events found!