Highlighted
fopoku2k2
1 Nickel

error trying to install a dell recovery image from usb (BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001)

i get an error after step 3. On the boot menu, under UEFI boot, select your media type (USB or DVD) and enter your language.

the error message i get is "BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001"

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: error trying to install a dell recovery image from usb (BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001)

Hi, please let us know from where was the Operating System image downloaded. Was it downloaded to a flash drive? How are you trying to install the OS to the system?

0 Kudos
fopoku2k2
1 Nickel

RE: error trying to install a dell recovery image from usb (BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001)

1. It was downloaded from the Dell website

2. It was downloaded to my laptop hard drive and later copied to my flash drive

3. I'm installing from bootup as instructed on the Dell website.

Also, I tried the flash drive on another laptop and it works. But still doesn't work on mine

0 Kudos

Thank you for the update. Please confirm if you’ve tried all the USB ports in the computer. We suggest you to set BIOS to defaults and then try to install the OS. We request you to share the service tag/express service tag, the name on the account and your email address through a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

0 Kudos