jajaba
1 Nickel

factory default Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

I just reset my Dell laptop to factory default and I cannot turn my Wifi on or off. It is greyed out. My wireless card is enabled. It looks like my wifi radio is off. How do I turn it back on? Thx

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: factory default Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

emoticon.BigSmile.title

I'd suggest you press Fn key + F2 key to turn on the WIFI. By the way, windows 10 is on the system?

jajaba
1 Nickel

Fn F2 is to turn airplane mode on and off. As you can see from the pic, I cannot turn on or off wireless or bluetooth with my mouse. Not sure why.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

I'm assuming windows 8.1 is on the system.....

Please turn on Airplane mode, turn on WIFI and Bluetooth, and then turn off Airplane switch again. You should now have WIFI and Bluetooth.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Or......

Press Fn key and F2 key to turn on Airplane mode while you're in the PC settings (Wireless). You should be able to turn on WIFI and Bluetooth. Turn off Airplane mode.

0 Kudos
jajaba
1 Nickel

Yes Win 8. I turned airplane mode on. But I cannit turn on or off WIFI (see pic)

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

How about in the PC settings( Wireless) see image below ? The WIFI and Bluetooth is still greyed out while Airplane mode is on ?

0 Kudos
jajaba
1 Nickel

When airplane mode is on, WIFI and Bluetooth disappear.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

I'd suggest you install the Chipset driver, Wireless Network Card driver and Airplane Mode Switch driver one at a time. The drivers are in your Dell Product Support page. Please enter the service tag number (or use Detect Protect) onto the link below.

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

0 Kudos
jajaba
1 Nickel

i don't see the airplane mode switch driver

0 Kudos