Guggenheimer
1 Copper

finding internet

hello my question is how do I know if my dell lap top can get 5ghz on my network or on my computer? I want to kow if I would be able to fix it with out paying to do it. Had a tech from dell try from device manager with no luck, they wanted to send me to the paying department , have credit card so no go. If anybody culd help me that would be greatly appreciated it is a Dell inspirion  15-3552 Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jphughan
5 Rhenium

RE: finding internet

If your WiFi card supports 802.11ac, it automatically supports 5 GHz since that is required by the 802.11ac spec.  If it only supports 802.11n, then it may or may not support 5 GHz.  In that case, open Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters category, and look for the name of your WiFi adapter.  Post it here and we can tell you whether it supports 5 GHz, or if you just Google the name of that adapter yourself, you might find a page listing the specs of that card that will tell you whether it supports 5 GHz.

0 Kudos

RE: finding internet

Can you let me know the model of wireless card the system is using, and what wireless router/device you're trying to connect to? 

Best regards,

Brad 

0 Kudos