Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

T

1 Message

December 1st, 2006 15:00

go for sony vaio,dont buy dell low end systems facing problems from past 3 months

guys,
dont buy dell low end systems the inspirons especially, Because dell used to give
WUXGA screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels but they stopped producing these and giving low cost goods from the month of april which are WSXGA which has low resolution 1680 x 1050 pixels most of the areas on the screen are blurred and problems
with playing videos (blurry )even they are blurred even dvd's I thought intiallly problem of ati card but its no the case I saw bunch of my friends facing same problems time to say good bye to dell, no one sells at low cost they sell only low quality products the best option is sony, I thought of saving money ended up without satisfaction when I called dell customer care that guys, from the conversation I can figure it out that it is low quality product and he just says to install software driver and run diagnostics test (do diagnostic test show description of blurry images and that inspiron is low quality system).

conclusion: sony offers wuxga for all systems and there screens wont be loose like
an old mans spinal cord (as of dells laptop).I used my system for 3 months now
it (dell laptop)is just an oldmnan's spinal cord this is my first and last dell system

36 Posts

December 1st, 2006 18:00

so in summary you get what you paid for :smileysurprised:

36 Posts

December 1st, 2006 19:00

Ever try getting Sony stuff fixed? It's great, if it doesn't break.

In my experience, if your Sony equipment breaks, you'll wish you bought from someone else.

23 Posts

December 1st, 2006 21:00

I bought a e1505 with an ATI x1400. Most wonderful computer I've evere owned. Got it for $760 after tax. Makes my Sony desktop look like the flamming pile of poo it really is. Just b/c someone doesn't like the features that dell offers doesn't make dell bad. I can honestly say to you. Show me a sony configuration, and I'll show you the same thing in dell cheaper. Plus, as for Sony's quality, Slimline PS2 broke 3 months out of waranty. CD player in a recent stereo scratches cd's. CD drive in Sony Vaio Desktop growls like a yetti after 1 year of use. *The toshiba dvd burner drive still going fine with at least 4 times the use after 2 years* So, you say dell are crud and sony rules. I say that's an opinion that you could never prove.

Message Edited by Sythem on 12-01-200605:25 PM

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 1st, 2006 23:00

The Sony batteries in the Dell systems certainly haven't proved themselves particularly well. And didn't Sony just have to recall hundreds of thousands of digital cameras?

Remember, Sony doesn't make notebook computers. Sony's major suppliers are Quanta and Compal.

Interestingly enough, Dell's major notebook suppliers are Quanta and Compal.

December 2nd, 2006 09:00

The Sony DVD-RW in my old notebook has broken after a two years, refuses to let me do anything because I burnt a CD of Windows Vista Beta Version - which you had to do in order to install the OS!

TBH Sony laptops to me are expensive and full of rubbish. That said, Inspirons are full of rubbish but at least they aren't expensive - rubbish as in crudware.

John
No Events found!