ecsaldana
1 Nickel

Re: hard drive

Jump to solution

thanks! you got me thinking about the connection - so I took it all apart and the connection had somehow disconnected from the clip - reconnected it and now it works! I really appreciate you walking me through this! I have a laptop that works! I had never attempted anything like this before and am so jazzed that I was able to repair my laptop with your guidence! thanks again!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ecsaldana
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello-

I have purchased an external hard drive enclosure to recover my pictures from my old hard drive, I read that you can recover pictures and documents this way - I have installed the hard drive into the case (it is supposed to have plug and play) and I have plugged the USB in - the case lights up and the hard drive 'vibrates' like it is running but I cannot see it in the computer drives. Can you advise me?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you try plugging it in to a different or known good computer? Try that please.

0 Kudos
ecsaldana
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello- I did , my N5110 laptop and Dell PC - nothing shows with the laptop but the PC showed a J drive, but it wanted me to format it - I got scared because it said if I formatted it it would erase the disc... and I dont know what that means...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Looks like the hard drive is also damaged.

Few things to try ;

- Run checkdisk on the external Hard Drive.

- Use  a 3rd party tool to recover or fix hard drive. Ex. TestDisk

0 Kudos
ecsaldana
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I pretty much recovered alot of data using your suggestion Testdisk, the second part PhotoRec actually did the trick!

0 Kudos