Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2017 19:00

help end the dell madness on a checking media message when i boot up when theres no issues, could it be a setting in bios or not

only a week old inspiron, i see a checking media in left corner top screen. is there a setting in bios TO KILL IT,even though no reason for it to show.the shame is i bought this because my gaming  ASUS G752 VS overclocked laptop is being repaired 2000 miles away. i sooooooooooooooooo miss it. nothing has failed on this dell, but im about to put a piece of tape from seeing it. WHY CHECK MEDIA. ITS NONSENSE

532 Posts

March 15th, 2017 19:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We'll surely try and assist you. Please provide the exact error message you receive or a picture of the error. Do you receive the error message every time on boot up?

Let us know the operating system you use and the current BIOS version. Please also advise the devices you see listed under Boot sequence and SATA operation status in BIOS.

Options available under SATA operation are AHCI and Raid on. Please try changing this from what is currently selected. Save the settings and reboot. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

Let us know if this helped.

No Events found!