how to check ,battery is original or not in dell n5110 i5 laptop

i bought dell ( n5110 )  i5 2nd generation

in slightly used

please tell me

how can i check

its battery is original or not ?

May 12th, 2013 08:00

Hello,

I purchased a 6 cell Dell LGC replacement battery from Hyderabad, India bearing the number -

TYPE: R795X

Serial Number:KR-0J70W7-71766-29F-A0FS-A00

This battery is not even giving me 1.5 hr of backup when my machine is set to balanced and is idle.(Dell XPS 17 L702x i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

Additionally, the wear level after one day of use has reached to 20%. Kindly let me know if this battery is original and is this behavior is normal. Please educate me with the further steps.

Thanks and Regards,

Shailesh

May 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi Shailesh,

The battery you have purchased is an original Dell Li-ion 56WHR 6 Cell battery. As you have a 17.3 inch LED screen, the battery backup might be less as compared to other laptops with smaller screens. You may consider purchasing a 9 Cell battery for extended backup. However, if you feel that the battery is not working properly, you may check the Battery health by following the steps below :

• Right click on the battery icon on the taskbar
  • Choose ‘Dell Health Meter’
  • Click on ‘Battery Health’ tab
  • Examine the information shown in the window

You may also try to calibrate the battery :

• Remove the AC adapter from the laptop
  • Turn on the laptop. Allow it to run on battery power until the battery is drained to 0 percent of capacity
  • Remove the battery from the laptop. Keep it aside for 1-2 hours
  • Place the battery back into the battery bay
  • Plug the AC adapter. Charge the battery overnight. Do not power on or use the laptop during this time

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

May 16th, 2013 07:00

Thank you for answering my question Sandeep. i will follow your instructions and will update you with observations. Thanks again

May 17th, 2013 11:00

Hi Shailesh,

Please reply with the findings. Will take it further from there.

May 18th, 2013 07:00

Hi Sandeep,

As instructed, i followed all the steps. Please not the observations -

1. The battery is charging upto 77% only and then it stops charging

2. The Dell Battery meter reads - "Your Battery is charging normally. however, you may begin to notice reduced operating time because your long term battery life is decreasing"

3. The wear level has now reached 25%

I am really feeling low about it as this battery is just 1 week old. Kindly suggest.

Thank you

Regards,

Shailesh

May 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi Shailesh,

Please share the Order number and name on account via Private Message (Click on my name and click on Start Conversation). I will look into the details and will take it forward from there.

June 20th, 2013 12:00

Hello Roshan sir,

i buy a new battery of dell. PPID no. is

KR-0Y823G-71766-25E-B10B

please tell me the status of this battery whether it is original or not?

Thanks in Advance :)

Deepak

4.4K Posts

June 21st, 2013 02:00

Hi Deepak,

Welcome to the Community,

Part of  PPID number can be used as Dell part number to identify the battery. In the above PPID number you have posted, Y823G can be used as the battery part number. The description of the part shows, 48WHR 6 cell lithium primary battery. As per the PPID number you have a original Dell battery.

Thank You

June 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi Roshan,

I have purchased a dell battery yesterday.And i am not getting 3 hours back up.(got only 2 hours).

Plz  plz let me know whether my battery is original one or not?

And how can i check my battery warranty information.

following are the details i found on my battery sticker.

KR-08NH55-71766

29E-FA9E-A00

MADE IN CHINA

2012 11

DP/N0 8NH55

Thank you in advance

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi nanduvandavasi,

Many factors affect the amount of time that a portable computer battery can deliver power before it must be recharged. These factors include the configuration (processor, memory, etc.), types of applications being run and display brightness.

Dell uses industry standard benchmarks for battery run time claims. The battery on your system is giving good backup of two hours.

In addition, 8NH55 is Battery part number. This indicates you have an original Dell battery.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi ,

I have purchased a dell battery.

Plz let me know whether my battery is original one or not?

And how can i check my battery warranty information.

following are the details i found on my battery sticker.

KR-08NH55-71769

28M-A2XD-A02

MADE IN CHINA

2012/08

DP/N 08NH55

Thank you in advance

3 Posts

June 26th, 2013 02:00

Hey, i just wanted to know if the battery with my given details is genuine battery or not.

4.4K Posts

June 26th, 2013 02:00

Hi  angy2001,

Welcome to the Community,

I've checked your battery details using Dell Part number 8NH55 and as per the description, you have a 6 cell original Dell battery. Dell laptop batteries comes with 1 year default warranty and it starts from the purchase date of the system or the purchase date of the battery(if purchased separately).

Thank You

4.4K Posts

June 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi  angy2001,

Yes, as per the details provided it is a genuine Dell battery.

3 Posts

June 27th, 2013 00:00

Thanks

No Events found!