its battery is original or not ?

cn-0911MD-48630

654-O0GX-A02

Made in china

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 14th, 2016 14:00

It's a Dell part number, but there is no way to know if it's original to the system.  If it is, bear in mind that system is about four years old, so the battery is likely at or near the end of its expected lifespan.  In fact if it is original, and the battery still works - that's quite a good thing, since they generally last 2-3 years.

October 14th, 2016 20:00

I bought this battery yesterday only. Are you saying this battery is 2 years old

October 14th, 2016 20:00

I bought this battery yesterday only. Are saying this battery is 2 years years old

October 15th, 2016 00:00

I bought the battery yesterday. Are you now saying this battery is 2 years old?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 15th, 2016 05:00

It looks like that battery was made in April 2016, so it's about six months old.

2K Posts

October 15th, 2016 05:00

Hi KARTHICKG24,

Where have you purchased the battery from? 

If purchased from a 3rd party seller, there is no way to ascertain if the battery is new or refurbished. You could however, check if the battery health in BIOS - press f2 on startup - and also by determining the battery durability after a full charge. This should paint a picture of the current battery life.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

October 15th, 2016 06:00

Thanks ejn63, Dell Rishi for a response.

Bought battery Amazon. from a seller.

I checked with BIOS - It Says "The Battery is functioning normally"

Durability.

It shows 3 - hours battery remaining for 80% in idle state (Without Wifi)

It shows 1 hours battery remaining for 60% with Wifi and Google Chrome(Full brightness

It varies rapidly in battery indicator

can you tell this is normal behaviour for original battery

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 15th, 2016 06:00

It depends on the system configuration and on how you have the power management set - screen brightness, resolution and the GPU in the system.

If it's an i7 with a discrete GPU, you may see as little as an hour or two runtime from a new battery.  If it's a less power-hungry configuration, such as an i3 with integrated video, you may get 2-3 hours from it, but this is not a highly power-efficient system.

2K Posts

October 15th, 2016 14:00

Hi KARTHICKG24,

Thank you for the update.

You could also maximize the battery health -> go to BIOS -> f2 on startup -> Advanced battery charge configuration -> enable advanced battery charge mode.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

October 16th, 2016 21:00

Thanks for the response.

Final Question is this battery is original DELL battery or Compatible.

28 Posts

October 17th, 2016 00:00

As stated in posts above, if this was not purchased directly from Dell, there is not a way to tell if this is for sure a Dell battery or a compatible one.  If it's working and the numbers you get show that it is working, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you got it for a really low price, it's probably a compatible one, or a remanufactured one.  It is a Dell part number so it's hard to tell for sure, I would say use it for what you have and if it starts to get weak, replace it again.

No Events found!