impossible to find network controller driver and ethernet controller driver for Dell Inspiron n4010.

The service tag support page lists 8 different drivers for network and not one is the right one. All I need is to get the ethernet driver and I can locate the rest myself. I have been seareching in vain fopr almost a week straight now. I called Dell support today and all I got was a bunch of questions about my N.P.I. (Non public information. I asked the Dell employee on the phone if I give him my email( which dell already has) Would he send me a link to the ethernet driver. He said no. I told him I'm a tech and he said then you should be ableto find the driver. I explained once again how the only ones I'm finding are either wrong or they are on a page that wants me to install some malware ridden program.. I was and still am very disappointed in the way the company seems to manipulate  the driver location info in a shroud of secrecy.

Please if any /dell employee is reading this I would greatly appreciate some pointers as to where I might find the 2 drivers I mentioned or at least the ethernet controller for the Dell Inspiron n4010 with windos 7 home premium sp1. It would be nice to have my faith in Dell r estored once again as well.

Thanks for reading.

CD

0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: impossible to find network controller driver and ethernet controller driver for Dell Inspiron n4010.

The wired driver is this one (bear in mind you MUST INSTALL the chipset driver AND the Dell system software before you load the network drivers

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=2731092731&osCode=W764&productCode=inspiron-14r&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI

For the wireless driver, which card do you have in the system?

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000

Intel 6200/6300

Dell Wireless 365

Dell 1501

Dell 1520

Intel Wimax 6250

Either open up the system and visually verify the card, or use the service tag at support.dell.com to look up the original configuration.  If it's a base model that wasn't customized, the Dell 1501 was the default wireless card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
eliza89
1 Copper

RE: impossible to find network controller driver and ethernet controller driver for Dell Inspiron n4010.

Hi I faced the same there were lot of drivers and I downloaded most of them and nothing worked then I found this awesome article I didn't know there is a way to find the exact driver. It is not searched by laptop type and just number this really helped you should read the article 

0 Kudos