Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2015 19:00

inspiron 11 3147 touch screen stopped working

the touch screen on my 3147 stopped working. Has been fine up till now with no issues. I have made sure all the drivers are up to date. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Is there some setting I've messed up or missing?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 20th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

Try the steps below and let us know if issue persists.

1. "Press Windows" key +"C" to select the search option

2. In the search box type "Device Manager" and click on it.

3. Select the "Human Interface Devices", in that right click on "HID-compliant touch screen" and select "Uninstall"

4. It will display the warning message "you are about to uninstall this device from your system" click ok

5. Restart your computer and the driver should install on its own.

Check for the functionality and let me know if issue persists.

August 21st, 2015 12:00

Ravi, 

I have 2 HID options, neither of which say compliant touch screen. 

they are I2C HID device and Synaptics HID device. which one is it?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 24th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I’d suggest that you update BIOS and chipset driver on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and chipset from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please reply us with snapshot of the device manager.

Please let me know if this helps.

1 Message

September 6th, 2015 18:00

Hello,

I am having the same problems with my Inspiron 11 3147 computer.    I have updated all the drivers and my bios.  My Windows 8.1 tab says "no pen or touch screen display" .  I have searched all over the web, and have seen many people with this same issue, but I have not see an solution that works as of yet.  My computer has Windows 8.1 build 9600 installed as its operating system.  Please give me other suggestions

1 Message

July 22nd, 2016 12:00

Having the same problem afer system updated bios to a09

1 Message

August 31st, 2016 12:00

Same here:  same model, updated BIOS.  In the course of a day, it stopped recognizing that it had a touchscreen...  No settings for tablet stuff at all.  If I can't figure out a fix here I'll have to return it, since it is not under warranty with Dell...

1 Message

May 30th, 2017 13:00

Hello Ravi,

Not sure if this has actually been answered or not, but here is a copy of my device manager. I have a Windows 10 Build on an Inspiron 3147. It is completely updated, and just went through dell.com/support and downloaded and installed all of the drivers listed for this computer. When I say every driver, I mean ever single driver available for this rig, not just for Windows 10. The HID-compliant touchscreen device is not in the Device Manager, even with show hidden devices selected. 

This has become quite an annoying little issue and no one seems to have any kind of resolution. I got this laptop for my daughter to use as a PC and Tablet. I need the touchscreen to work. I don't care if I have to revert back to the original OS to do it, but only as a last resort. Windows 8 was an extremely horrible build. And 8.1 just made a bad thing worse. 

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

1 Attachment

No Events found!