Highlighted
dejibyte
Copper

inspiron 15 3542 no audio sound headphones and speakers, drivers ok

i formatted my computer due to unmountable disk error, and reinstalled win 10, now i dont have any audio,

• i have downloaded the right realtek drivers, and made sure to switch between generic and others,
  • finally i did an audio test from the epsa(pre assessment tests)  and no sound,
  • after i removed the speakers and reinstalled to check shaky connection still no sound.

i am at my wits end and can't access any info to help me, so  some help is greatly needed thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim Coates
Diamond

RE: inspiron 15 3542 no audio sound headphones and speakers, drivers ok

finally i did an audio test from the epsa(pre assessment tests)  and no sound,

Hello. Failure of the ePSA audio test means hardware failure -- probably just a coincidence about formatting. The ePSA tests do not have anything to do with Windows -- would work even with no operating system on the laptop.

after i removed the speakers and reinstalled to check shaky connection still no sound.

The fact that no audio through headphones either means there is more wrong than the speakers. If the audio chip were functioning correctly, should hear through headphones even if speakers were dead. If the laptop is still under warranty, contact tech support.

If not under warranty, you can still get audio through headphones or external speakers by getting an inexpensive usb audio jack. A usb jack has its own self-contained audio chip and does not use the one on the motherboard. The only drawback is that a usb jack cannot play through the laptop's internal speakers.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos