This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 12th, 2017 09:00

inspiron 15 5537 turns off

Hello,

I have dell 5537 (service tag ) and it randomly turns off. After, when turning laptop on, message appears that ''windows was not shut down correctly''. Before random shutdown system always throttles, cpu and integrated gpu (temperatures are fine, thermal paste was replaced few months ago and it can happen when windows just started). It can happen even in safe mode. I tried almost everything, ran different diagnostic tests including dell tests, always passes everything (if doesnt turn off while performing test), reinstalled windows, many times replaced drivers(and tried different ones, from amd/intel and from dell), nothing helps. 

How to fix this problem and what could be causing it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 12th, 2017 11:00

Please read my post more careful. I replaced thermal paste and pads few months ago. Inside laptop was almost no dust as I use it only on hard non-dusty surfaces and always put on coolpads. Its not overheating - temperatures are below 50°C on idle and even then laptop can randomly start throttling and shut down.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 12th, 2017 11:00

The system is overheating.  If it's never been cleaned out internally, it's time for that -- thoroughly clear all dust from the inside and replace the thermal pads that sit between the heatsink and CPU and GPU heat slugs.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 12th, 2017 12:00

Will the system run in safe model properly (to access, activate through msconfig)?  If so, it's a driver or software issue.  If not,

That'd leave a power problem.  Take the battery out -- will the system run on AC only without the shutdowns?  If so, the battery is bad.

If the shutdowns continue, next would be to replace the AC adapter.

If that doesn't cure it, replace the mainboard.

No Events found!