Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: inspiron-15 gaming-7567 M2 ssd question

Jump to solution

Finally I gave up and exchange the 960 EVO for an OEM SSD from Samsung named SM951. Works like a charm in AHCI mode, and Samsung NVMe driver was installed without problem.

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG EVO/PRO 960, MY FRIENDS!!! IT DOES NOT PLAY WITH DELL 7567, AT LEAST UNTILL NOW!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi there, I am here to ask for an advise.  I am planning to buy Dell 7567.  I am aware pnmr560 has answered SM 951 works well but  I have a spare Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-N5E500BW) with me. Will this work? I am sorry my question is a bit off topic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I guess it will work, because it's not a NVMe ssd.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good evening,

First of all, sorry for my English.

After almost a month of testing, I believe 99.99% sure that the problem is in the bios of the computer, and can be solved with a dell upgrade.

I did several tests with the configuration in AHCI mode, anyway the same problem occurs in windows boot, crash boot.

After verifying several people claiming that the computer did not support this type of driver (SSD Samsung 960 Evo), I decided to install the windows on the other HD of the notebook, AHCI mode. (Toshiba 1TB)

After installing the OS, I decided to install the NVME driver from Samsung and Samsung Magician.

Everything works "perfectly", of course that windows is not starting on the SSD 960 Evo, but it is clear that the computer supports the device.

Below 3 pictures showing the Samsung SSD (960 Evo) running perfectly.

I found this link where the same boot problem appears: www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html

The author shows how to customize bios to support this type of device, but I'm afraid to continue.

Does anyone qualify?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good Morning,

Dell just released an update of bios, version: 1.0.5. HAEHEAHHAEHAE

I just formatted the computer and installed windows 10 in AHCI mode.

Everything is working wonderfully.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

I agree on the fix, my system (960 EVO) is finishing the install of Windows I tried last night.  I checked for an update before I went to bed but it wasn't up yet.

Good Job, Dell.....!

Now all I have to do is Reset the system using the Win 10 recovery drive and I will be back to an OEM configuration..

3 Silver

Jump to solution

Please let me know if the Samsung NVMe drive works fine after bios update.

Only thing that dell says:

Fixes:

- Not Applicable.

Enhancements:

- Updated SATA AHCI mode Support.

I have just ordered the 960 EVO 250GB and i'm getting it tomorrow, so i can you guys updated with this.

The current Sandisk M.2 ssd is a bit slow sometimes and usage at 99%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Good news to all people here,

The 960 EVO works just fine in the 7567 now :). You just need to set it to AHCI mode and windows 10 installs and runs just fine.

I also have Samsung's NVMe driver installed to.

Only thing i don't like is that it goes into SupportAssist GUI when rebooting into windows. And then says Video FAN failed or something like that. Fans still work, so i don't know why it does this after the bios update.

image.prntscr.com/.../a8da0115dbca4efaa76bc8f8168a9a0f.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

any solution for inspiron 7566?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Tried AHCI mode? I get the full 3200mb/s read and 1500mb/s write as advertised.