Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 18th, 2009 02:00

inspiron 1501 type delay

Hey,

Since one week my laptop has a type delay. Letters appear on the screen 2 seconds after I typed them.

Reinstalled windows xp 3 times.. A mechanic replaced the motherboard. And spent about 6 hours on the telephone with the dell-helpdesk, but no result.

Who knows about this problem? Please help!

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 19:00

I am having a similar issue with my Dell Dimension E510. At times the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive for a few seconds (either mouse clicking or typing). I have run a virus scan ... nothing found. I used the Dell chat and the technician referred me to DELL ON CALL who wanted $240 to review my case which they felt was virus related. I have CA Security Suite running. It is finding no virus. PC PITSTOP is finding now virus. This is very frustrating.

I did run a registry fix program and it found a bunch of errors which I let it fix. I haven't determined if this has helped or not. If it has, I will post again.

Kristi

1 Message

February 19th, 2009 08:00

I did have the same problem with the Dell Inspiron 1501. After getting all the latest drivers from Dell for the Inspiron 1501 the problem was over.

Tom

No Events found!