Thanks! I tried that but wasnt sure what to do with the %PROGAMFILES%

Highlighted
sfr002
1 Copper

Re: inspiron duo and duoStage

Jump to solution

This is what my current xml says and now my icon is missing lol

<app>

<working_dir>"C:\Users\Shane Ross\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\</working_dir>

<path>"C:\Users\Shane Ross\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</path>

<parameters></parameters>

<icon>%PROGRAMDATA%\Dell\duo Stage\Icons\Internet.png</icon>

<languages> 

Highlighted
sfr002
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Got it thanks!

Had to delete the " and switch the \ to /

Highlighted
sfr002
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Any idea how to remove Napster from the music link and change it to Rhapsody lol. 🙂

Thanks!

Highlighted
nealkubitz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Napster?  post a copy of your XML script and I'm sure me or I'maITGuy could make a new one for you!  great work with the other scripting too man!

Highlighted
sfr002
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Im sure its way more work than necessary. You know when you go to stage duo and click music it says musicstage, library, and napster, you can login to a napster account and so forth. I wish I could change that to rhapsody but sure it is alot of coding and such.

Thanks though!

Shane

Highlighted
ukdude
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I recently sent my Duo back for repair and the tech reinstalled OS .. when i tried to install duo stage no Apps or icons show up when i fold my LP

Dell tech i snot helping to fix this as they do not know how to ...Any help here .. I get message " dell duo configration file could not be found"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
idtracey
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with zero help from the Dell techs (I don't think they ever understood what I was asking for).  Turned out I needed to replace the application list in C:\ProgramData\Dell\duo Stage\ apps_list.xml.  What I ended up doing was copying the xml code that nealkubitz posted earlier in the thread, pasted it in notepad, and saved it as C:\ProgramData\Dell\duo Stage\ apps_list.xml.  As soon as I did that my icons were back.  And, as a bonus, I now know how to add/change apps on stage.

Highlighted
TheJaxx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just got my duo yesterday and to my surprise, there was NO dell apps installed. I tried installing the Duo Stage from online and just got a blank screen that pops up when I flip the screen. I tried the xml copy/paste. Did not change anything.

I also can not figure out for the life of me how to get the screen orientation to rotate, is it not supposed to automatically when you rotate the tablet?

Highlighted
ukdude
1 Copper

Jump to solution

you have truned off your your accel Mag sensore

go to control ... hardware and sound   look at the bottom    Accel MAG sensore or just type this in your start menu